University of Florida, BEE (with high honors), 1946‑1950
Ohio State University, MSc EE (vacuum tubes), 1950‑1952.
University of Santa Clara, 1969-71.
Early Morning Engineering Program.
of Probability, Quantum Mechanics, and Digital Systems.
Ohio State University, 1951-52.
Power Transmission. Rotating
Microwave Transmission Networks.
Jose City College, 1956-60. Adult
Vocational Evening Classes in Vacuum Tube Technology.
University of Santa Clara, 1970-71.
Earlybird Program. Heat
1944-1946 - U.S. Navy, Electronics Technician.
Bell Telephone Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ, Member, Technical
Staff. Microwave vacuum
tube research engineer under J. R. Pierce and C. C. Cutler.
Varian Associates, Palo Alto, CA, Microwave Vacuum Tube Engineer.
Responsible for instrumentation and general hardware in support
of research scientists in Central Research.
General troubleshooter in BWO and Small Klystron production
group. Properties of
materials and processes.
Self-employed real estate broker/builder dba Arrowhead
Properties, Sunnyvale, CA. Board of Directors, Sunnyvale Board of
Realtors. Chairman, Grievance Committee.
Member, Ethics & Professional Standards Committee.
Director, California Association of Realtors.
Teledyne MEC: General troubleshooter in support of traveling wave
tube manufacturing operation.
Litton Electron Devices, Sr. Scientist, Microwave Tubes.
Program Manager for wide band klystron development for a military
radar system. Received
Litton Corporate PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AWARD for this work.
- Officially retired.
A partial list of written reports, mostly within the past 10 years, on
in‑depth studies follows. A
number of these projects involved the development of highly effective
computer routines, particularly in the area of microwave network analysis
1. A High Power Phasable 2 : 1 Mismatch
2. A Review of the Theory of Outgassing
3. Beam Pumping of Residual Gases
4. Refrigeration of the Cathode by Thermionic Emission
5. Temperature and Power Distribution in a TWT Gun
6. A Lumped Element Model of a Microwave Coax Window
7. A Broadband Waveguide-to-coax Transition
8. Measuring Emissivity and Conductivity of Cathode Elements
9. Return Loss of Helix Terminations and RF Fine Grain
10. Measuring Thermal Linkages Between a TWT Helix and its
11. Broadband Matching of Reactive Loads
12. Outgassing the Region Between Close Fitting Surfaces
13. A Tutorial on Solenoid and PPM Focusing of Electron
14. Measuring the Properties of Very Lossy Ceramics
15. Quality Control of Lossy Ceramics for Cavity Loading
16. Step Transformers in Ridged Waveguide
17. Reflection Measurements in Ridged Waveguide
18. Determining "S" Parameters of Windows and
19. A Lumped Element Model of the Two Cavity Output Network
20. Determining "S" Parameters by the Three Short Method
21. Application of Three Short Method to Matching
22. A Primary Standard 2 : 1 Microwave Load
23. Reike Methods and Synthesis of Compensating Microwave
24. Gas Bursts and Getters; The Dairy Barn Effect in Large
High Power Klystrons
25. A Properties of Materials Database in Consistent Units
For Vacuum Tube Engineers and others.